A Day in the Life of an Almost 8 Month Old
My how time has flown! My sweet, adorable baby girl is almost 8 months old. I still have moments where I stare at her in disbelief that she’s all mine. I love her so much!
Everyday she changes more and more. It’s amazing to see the world through the eyes of a child as they discover what the ‘world’ is. Here’s a list of the things she’s been up to lately.
- She can sit up completely unassisted.
- No item is off limits from the non-stop flight directly into her mouth.
- She pulls the crib liner down to either see what we’re doing or make her presence known. She will NOT be ignored. LOL
- Her two front bottom teeth are in full effect. Her top two should be making their descent any day now.
- She has the grip of a professional arm wrestler and is especially fond of exercising that strength on whatever mommy has dangling, be it earrings, a necklace, or my hair.
- She’s not quite crawling yet – scooting is her preferred method of transportation. We’re bracing ourselves for the storm that will be her full mobility.
- Baby yogurt is her FAVE item to eat. There is never any coaxing involved when it comes to her yogurt.
- She’s doing well with solids, but is developing true preferences on what she likes and doesn’t like.
- The bald spot at the back of her head is finally starting to grow in. Slowly.
- She babbles and babbles and babbles until her heart is content.
- She pants like a new puppy when she’s excited.
- She steals a bigger piece of heart each day.
I’m sure there are a host of other things that I’m forgetting, but this is the gist of it all at the moment. Getting to know my baby is a daily, on-going process. We’re not too wrapped up in comparing her to other babies or what experts say she should and shouldn’t be doing at this stage. She’s happy and healthy, which matters most to us. I appreciate the chance to watch her develop and grow; and I’m happy to serve as her tour guide to this thing called life!
Thank you all for continuing to ride along this journey with me.