“It is what it is” and four other abused phrases
This list will be self-explanatory! I am guilty of having used at least on or two of these phrases on occasion *holdheadinshame*, but some have had their 15 minutes of fame. Enough already!
1) It is, what it is. – Well what is it, exactly?
2) That’s wassup. – Umm, what’s up about it?
3) I’mma rock this (as in, this jacket, outfit, hat, or whatever). – So you’re going to rock, as in sway side to side or back and forth in said item? How is that a good thing?
4) Get it in. – Again, what exactly is “it?”
5) Let’s Gooooooooooo! – Where is everybody going?
Do you have any phrases, words, or statements that you feel have been abused by pop culture?